Even in the busiest of times, it is important to keep the love alive. Research has shown that couples who engage in regular date nights have happier, more satisfying and less stressful relationships. Furthermore, those who spice up their dates with something more unique than “dinner and a movie” report having a higher quality connection with their partner. To help our couples out, we have put together a list of date ideas in San Diego to carry you through the year. Read on to find out more.
Outdoor Date Ideas
An outdoor date is a great way to unplug and be present for your partner. Fresh air and new experiences add zip to any relationship.
- A Glow Boat Ride is a romantic way to enjoy the San Diego Bay at night. Admire spectacular views of the city skyline as you pedal easily around the harbor. Listen to love songs on the provided Bluetooth speaker. Bring something tasty to share and snuggle close. The colorful lights of the boat dance off the ocean and into your hearts. If you prefer to get some vitamin D on your dates, try a Pedal Boat Ride. It’s all the fun of a Glow Boat Ride during the day.
- Go skydiving! For adrenaline junkies, a skydiving date might be just for you. Get your heart pumping with more than just love as you leap from a plane and glide smoothly back to earth. Skydive San Diego offers different packages to choose from with experienced instructors.
- Visit the San Diego Zoo. Home to over 4,000 animals representing over 650 species, channel your inner child and explore all the zoo has to offer. You can even sign up for a VIP experience with your own personal tour guide.
- Catch a Padres game at Petco Park. There’s nothing like an ice-cold beer or two, peanuts, hot dogs and the game of baseball to put you both in a good mood. Band together to cheer on the hometown team.
A Double Date Idea
For a fabulous double date idea, book a Pink Party Boat Cruise. Each electric Duffy boat can fit up to six and comes with your own captain to pilot the vessel and keep you safe and sound. Feel free to pop the bubbly on board to celebrate your love and nosh on chocolate, figs or oysters, all rumored to be aphrodisiacs. The magnificent scenery makes the ideal backdrop for a selfie and possibly for a proposal too.
Live Entertainment Ideas
San Diego is full of live entertainment venues. Whether you and your date want to rock out to some classic tunes, take in a Broadway play or even sing along to dueling pianos, there is a place for you to go. Check out the date ideas below.
- Humphrey’s Concerts by the Bay offers an assortment of musical and comedy acts from late spring through fall. Boasting an outdoor stage with views of the bay, this small arena guarantees a good seat. Hotel and dinner packages are available.
- The Belly Up in Solana Beach, The Sound in Del Mar and the Music Box in Downtown San Diego all provide excellent venues for live music. Their rosters include up and coming new artists mixed in with seasoned performers and tribute bands.
- For everything from Broadway musicals to top-notch comedians to ballet, the San Diego Civic and Balboa Theatres have it all. Their diverse show calendar will make it easy to plan your next date.
- Another venue showcasing great music is the House of Blues on Fifth Avenue in San Diego. Besides an eclectic list of musical acts, they have a restaurant and bar onsite. Make it a dinner and dancing kind of date.
- For a high-energy date, make a reservation at the Shout House. Dueling piano bars get the crowd on their feet dancing, singing and laughing.
Not Your Typical Dinner and Movie Date Ideas
While the typical dinner and a movie date can get tiring, the date ideas below are anything but boring.
- Picture a romantic location outdoors, a yummy picnic and just the two of you gazing into each other’s eyes while someone else does all the work. Pop Up Picnic Co. does just that. They prepare an ultimate dream picnic, set it all up and tear it all down. All that is left for you to do is walk hand and hand into the sunset.
- Take dinner and a movie to new heights (literally) at Rooftop Cinema Club Embarcadero high atop the Manchester Grand Hyatt. Comfortable deck chairs including “love seats for two” are supplied along with blankets to get cozy. Watch a popular movie surrounded by amazing views of the city. Sip cocktails and munch on delicious food. Feel your relationship grow under the moonlight.
- How about a food tour for something out of the ordinary? Foodelicious Tour Company provides walking tours throughout San Diego where not only do you get to sample delectable food and drinks, but you also get to discover new neighborhoods and restaurants. North Park Beerucation and Little Italy Booze and Bar Bites are two examples of their available tours.
Of course, San Diego has no shortage of beaches, trails and parks to plan an energizing hike to kick off your date. With a little imagination, the possibilities are endless.
What are your favorite date ideas? Tell us in the comment section below.